Tuesday, November 19, 2013

you don't even know

You don't even know the influence you have. Seriously, you have the capability to change the world. Do you realize that, that your influence is immeasurable? Do you really believe that, because it's true.

You don't even know how a simple smile, note, text, look, compliment, kind thought, gesture, act of kindness, or even how you carry yourself could change someone's life.

This post is written for one person, who doesn't realize how amazing she is. She doesn't realize that she is a light to everyone she meets. That she helps people become better. Do you realize that you are at times like her? We all are. I am all the time. I forget my worth, I doubt myself, I criticize everything I do. I need to remember that I'm Nichelle, and that's pretty awesome. Do you realize that you forget how amazing you are? That you forget that you've blessed my life so much, that you are needed, desperately needed by those around you. Do you doubt how wonderful you are? Do you do that to yourself? Stop it. Stop it right now.


Your imperfections, your faults, your shortcomings, yeah... they are there. But that doesn't take away anything from WHO you are, that doesn't make you less. You are not a list of positive and negative attributes. You are so loved. You are so cherished. You are so important. 

I wish we could all see ourselves as God see's us. I wonder if we realized how precious we truly are, that we would never dare say an unkind word about ourselves. We wouldn't dare to offend God in that way, we wouldn't dare do anything except love ourselves, because we are so incredibly precious to Him. 


Maybe you should try a little harder to be kinder to yourself, and when you look in the mirror, see yourself, really see yourself. You are wonderful, you are precious, you are amazing, you are inspiring, you are full of potential, unlimited potential. Shine, shine on. Don't let others hold you back, don't let yourself hold you back. Keep going, go forward, and know that you are amazing. Love yourself. Because you are deserving of love, of respect, of so much more than I can write in this simple blog post. You are so, so loved. 



No comments:

Post a Comment